The Permian Road Safety Coalition:
- Celebrated 2nd year anniversary June 2017
- 8 forums held, averaging 200 people in attendance; monthly steering and working group meetings
- Worked with TxDOT to prioritize infrastructure improvements; gained seat at the table and sought after for engagement on short and long range road construction and improvement planning
- Advocated and helped secure $1.8 billion in funding from TxDOT for oil/gas region roads in TX, including $676 million for Permian roads to be spent over 1-3 yrs. vs standard 10-15 yr. project timelines.
- Best practices shared and adopted by participating companies to aid in coaching – focused on fatigue management, IVMS and taking poor drivers off the road.
- Built an industry community, focused on road safety (sharing of incidents and issues), who looks out for one another
- Created a space for government and industry to work together
- Launched a website and identity campaign
- Community outreach effort: “Goal Zero: A Day Without Accidents.” – Successfully Achieved Goal Zero!
- PRSC recognized in the community for taking a stand on road safety and showing industry leadership to help solve a serious issue in the Permian Basin.
- 2017 Houston Chapter of the American Marketing Association’s Crystal Award Winner for best non-profit campaign.
Being able to advocate and secure funding to prioritize infrastructure improvements depends on the commitment of our members and good data to support those efforts.